Gumball 3000 rally second destination: Indianapolis
Gumball 3000 Rally Reaches the Motor Speedway. On May 28, the greatest supercars in the world’s most iconic rally, head to the racing capital of the world. This year’s Gumball 3000 rally reaches Indianapolis – the second of six stops that starts in the booming streets of Toronto, Canada and finishes in the bright lights of Miami, Florida.
And they’ll be there just in time for the Indy 500 on Sunday. All Gumball drivers will have track-side access to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, but if you need to know what to do before and after the supercars roll through, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Indy isn’t just asphalt and cornfields, when Gumball touches down there will be parties, performances and plenty of hot spots to eat and drink.
GUMBALL 3000 ROUTE & EVENTS IN INDIANAPOLIS
- Gumball 3000 Grid arrives at Monument Circle between 10 p.m. ET and late.
- Gumball 3000 grid at Monument Circle: All day.
If you’re in town for these events and want to check out the best the city has to offer, keep reading …
Indianapolis is the capitol city of Indiana, and because of that – and a nickname like “Naptown” – it gets the reputation of bringing nothing but boredom and cornfields. But while the nickname originally referred to Indy being a ghost town that shutdown early, it became a cool, positive, term from jazz musicians in the 1920s. The word “nap,” is in Indianapolis, so don’t let anyone tell you the city will put you to sleep.
And, like we said earlier, it’s home to the most spectacular racetrack in the world, the Indianapolis 500. Race fans from across the globe have been visiting the track since its inception in 1911. Located in Speedway, Indiana, the 500 mile track can host up to 300,000 race fans per year.
Imagine your favorite supercar switching lanes on one of the triple crowns of motorsport.
- Milktooth – The food scene in Indianapolis has exploded over the past five years or so. The most famous restaurant in town is known as Milktooth at 534 Virginia Avenue in Fletcher Place. It’s breakfast only using local ingredients and lots of imagination. Don’t expect to see just eggs benedict.
- Bluebeard – Just down the street from Milktooth is Bluebeard at 653 Virginia Avenue. No reservations required. This trendy, new American kitchen pairs award-winning eats with an adventurous vibe. Bread made daily in the Italian tradition, and wine curated by a house sommelier, all housed in a renovated warehouse from 1924.
- The Cake Bake Shop – If you want your ‘gram to absolutely explode, check out the pomp and elegance of The Cake Shop on 799 Hanover Place. The finest cakes, pies and pastries along with a full menu of salads, sandwiches, burgers and crab cakes. The dishes will delight your palate but your eyes will feast on the all-white space that looks like a palace – complete with chandeliers hanging from the ceilings.
- Ale Emporium – If you’re not feeling white lights and delicate pastries, try some of the best bar food in town at Ale Emporium on 8617 Allisonville Road. Serving some of the best wings in town along with burgers and pizza, all with various “Herman sauces” named for Ale Emporium’s Herman Perryman.
- Beer: If you’re craving beer, keep in mind Indianapolis is rated one of the top five beer cities in America by The USA Today. Check out the Bier Brewery and Taproom on 5133 E. 65th Street, winner of two gold medals at the 2016 World Cup Beer festival. Or try the Big Woods Speedway on 1002 Main Street, a stone’s throw away from the famed Brickyard itself in Speedway, Indiana.
Fashion & Shopping
- Castleton Square Mall – Luxury shopping goes hand in glove with Gumball 3000. Your fit has to be on point if you’re around the hottest supercars in the world. Good news is Indianapolis is home to the largest mall in the state of Indiana, Castleton Square Mall on 6020 E. 82nd Street. We understand the term “mall” can turn off those who want items from Paris Fashion Week, but don’t let that sprawling complex fool you. The north end of town is swimming in money, and you’ll find everything from jewelry to haute couture.
- The Fashion Mall – Speaking of fashion, the Fashion Mall on 8702 Keystone Crossing is home to the local branch of Tiffany & Co., the store made famous by the 1958 Truman Capote novel (and 1961 Audrey Hepburn film) Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Make a pit stop if you’re ready to really shine.
- Art & Design District – If you try the Cake Bake Shop in Carmel, you’ll be close to the local Art & Design District at One Civic Square. You can browse art galleries and showrooms at your leisure. You’ll find even more local boutiques at Clay Terrace (on 4390 Clay Terrace Boulevard, featuring more than 80 stores arranged in an outdoor “lifestyle center.”
- The Circle Center – If you’re going to be staying at a hotel downtown and you just want to hit the easy button, the Circle Center on 49 W. Maryland Street is your one-stop shopping mecca. This mall is connected via skywalk to 12 different hotels, as well as the Indiana Convention Center and the Indianapolis Art Garden. Get in some shopping, grab some food and you can even go bowling at the Punch Bowl Social.
Can’t wait for the rally to hit a known party-town like Miami? Don’t worry, Indy has its own hot spots to make sure you stay awake in Naptown.
- BLU – Blu on 240 S. Meridian Street is a full-on Miami-style club that attracts the world’s best DJs, pumping tunes all the way until 3 a.m.
- The Vogue – For those of you who prefer live music, Vogue on 6259 N. College Avenue is the place to be. Everyone from Johnny Cash to the Brian Jonestown Massacre has played here.
- The Red Room – Looking for something a little more understated? The Red Room on 6335 Guilford Avenue keeps it low-key and classy in the early evenings, serving premium wines and spirits in an upscale candlelit setting.
- Ball & Biscuit – And if you want a speakeasy vibe try Indy’s original cocktail bar Ball & Biscuit on 331 Massachusetts Avenue. You can’t go wrong with a bar named No. 1 in America by Esquire.
Ignition Casino & Gumball 3000: Connected by Cards
The next stop is Nashville on May 30. aka the “Music City.” Be sure to check out every pit stop in the 2022 Gumball 3000 route at Ignition for the other stops on the map, from Toronto to Miami and everywhere in between. Stick around and keep track of the latest Gumball 3000 updates.
Ignition Casino is the Official Online Gambling Partner of the 22nd Annual Gumball 3000 Rally, join for free and connect with our community for endless poker tournaments and casino cash prizes. Play every online casino game and enjoy poker tourneys while you watch the greatest supercars in the world!